Main Forum

D&D Pen & Paper - Help with Xmas Reindeer Centaur idea

1 reply
Votes:
+74
Officer
I'd like to lean on everyone's collective creativity filling out the TBD blanks below or even coming up with better ideas

I'll be preparing a 1-shot xmas adventure for the family and am planning to have a village beset by a variant of Santa's Reindeer...Centaurs with reindeer bodies (and antlers)

The party needs to convince the various reindeer to leave; preferably without combat if possible.

I'm looking for ideas for non-leathal challenges....I'd like two options per reindeer if possible

Vixen

1. Lust: Vixen will indiscriminately mate with normal reindeer. Track and convince a nearby herd of reindeer to visit the stables (animal friendship, speak to animals, etc.) for some frisky xmas fun

2. TBD

Prancer

1. Poetry: Party has 9 minutes to compose three haiku related to specific wintery subjects (one per each party member). Prancer will judge

2. TBD....maybe rhymes or pun contest

Dancer

1. Dance off of course...dexterity, athletics, acrobatics, insight and constitution checks over the various rounds

2. TBD

Dasher:

1. Race through a magical snow storm with animated snow men obstacles. Party has to cut through village while Dasher agrees to race around the village

2. TBD...maybe something involving the blacksmith and horseshoe crafting

Comet:

1. Defeat in games of chance (dice rolling gambling)

2. TBD...maybe defeat in ring toss

Cupid:

1. Fill in the blanks for well known christmas songs (I supply first few lines and party has to remember the next line)

2. TBD...preferably something involving music

Donner:

1. Something involving cooking in the kitchen in the tavern (Doner is making doner kabobs for his friends). Knowledge and medicine checks

2. TBD Maybe hunt/source the meat or spices needed for the doner kabobs)

Blitzen:

1. A drinking contest...constitution checks

2. TBD

Rudolph:

- Not really sure what to do here...maybe something involving lights or colors
Posted Dec 3, 18 · OP
Votes:
+74
Officer
Mort must be busy...I think he may be our only other active pen and paper player
Posted Sat at 05:56 am · OP
NoticeNotices